1 Year Foundation Course - Counselling & Psychotherapy
1 Year Foundation - This is an evening Counselling course of the highest quality set at level 3 - 5 (depending on your input and reading) as it also takes in Psychotherapy training. We treat you as a Student of Psychology, as you discover new experiential skills in intervention and academic work. It is designed to help you get to the next level/s which are: the 2 Year Diploma in Counselling: or the 4 Year Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy; or Fast Track Diploma. It is Accredited with a National regulatory research Institute. You are only committing to 1 year of study at a time and this will help you to learn deeper transformational life skills and experience counselling training first hand.
The Convergence College model Foundations in Pastoral Counselling & Psychotherapy Course has been developed through the need to offer a deeper experiential training opportunity. It is an ideal course if you have some limited training, or skills, in this area of counselling, psychology, social work, or working in another caring profession. The course is great when you have limited funds available. And for those who wish to go deeper and gain more understanding it will get you further up the ladder to learn far more to improve your confidence and help you to change lives. You are on a major journey of discovery about yourself and others.
Career path to become a Counsellor
You may choose which path you take and this is the next step to achieving Qualified status through Convergence College. You can decide what choices to make as you continue to grow on this Foundation in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
You may even go on to study to become a Qualified Counsellor, Therapist or Psychotherapist. The Training courses are all good for any Career Path and will always enhance any learning you do in the caring professions, yet it is also for partners or anyone else. You will find that it works for anyone in the NHS, Nursing, Caring, Counselling or Psychotherapy, or those who are involved in Pastoral, Spiritual leadership, Mentoring, Teaching or a simple Guidance role and anyone else with an interest in this Convergence approach to a modern understanding of Counselling & Psychotherapy Training.
Look at what ADVANTAGES you will gain at Convergence:
- Ultra Low Cost evening Courses, just one evening per week
- Join us anytime on the evening courses or the Day Seminars.
- Certainty of a placement opportunity for the regulated hours you will need doing face to face client hours for registration.
- Experiential Skills Training which has a good mix of academic and skills work involved.
- Career Path for those who wish to start their own private business in Counselling/Psychotherapy/Hypnotherapy.
- Central Location of our Campus serving London & Midlands.
- Join our Co-operative Private Practice and make use of further training to set up your own work, in prestigious offices.
Introduction Course Sign-up